when will nsfas start funding for 2024-2025
when will nsfas start funding for 2024-2025
In order to help students from disadvantaged backgrounds afford higher education, the National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) was established in 1996. This article aims to keep you informed by covering all aspects of the NSFAS payment schedule for 2024. We last checked, and the number of annual NSFAS applications—students applying for funding each year—was over 750,000.
- The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) has confirmed that it has granted institutions across the national funding for the academic year.
- Based on the registration records that the scheme has gathered, NSFAS has revealed that it has received its first budget allocation from National Treasury and has since distributed funding to institutions.
- From Friday, April 8, the Scheme will begin processing payments to institutions and distributing student allowances.
- They stated, “All official communication regarding the allowance payment process has been sent to all institutions.” NSFAS will pay the institutions that met the approved NSFAS Eligibility Criteria and Conditions for Financial Aid in 2024.
- When disbursing funds to students, the NSFAS has urged educational establishments to adhere to the funding guidelines outlined in the schemes’ Eligibility Criteria and Conditions for Financial Aid.
- For eligible students, the NSFAS bursary covers tuition, housing, food, transportation, a textbook allowance, the cost of learning materials, and registration fees.
- These students must be attending either a public university or a college for technical and vocational education and training (TVET), and they must meet all of the requirements.
- NSFAS received approximately 900,000 funding applications for the academic year. Blade Nzimande, Minister of Higher Education, stated that the fund had the financial resources to support all qualified applicants.
When to Expect NSFAS Funding List for 2023 Approved Applicants
- Students approved applications for the nsfas bursary are included in the funding lists. The nsfas bursary typically opens for applications in the fourth quarter of the year and closes in January. NSFAS typically makes available the funding lists within the first ten days of February, following the January application period. As a result, we anticipate that the funding list—the list of approved students—will be made public in February 2023.
NSFAS contact details
NSFAS head office contact details Cape Town
- Physical Address: 10 Brodie Road, House Vincent 2nd Floor, Wynberg, Cape Town, Western Cape, 7700
- Phone: 021 763 3200 / 08000 67327
NSFAS CEO contact details | Offices in Johannesburg (Gauteng)
- Physical Address: 17 Diagonal St, Newtown, Johannesburg, Gauteng, 2001
- Phone: 080 006 7327
NSFAS Bloemfontein Branch (Free State)
- GF Shop 125, Sanlam Plaza, Cnr Maitland and East Burger Street, 9301 — Bloemfontein
NSFAS Cape Town Branch
- Shop P 18a Piazza, Golden Acre Adderley Street, 8000 – Cape Town
NSFAS Durban Branch (KZN-KwaZulu Natal)
- Ground Floor, Smart Exchange Building, 5 Walnut Road (Cnr. Dr. AB Xuma), 4001 — Durban
NSFAS East London Branch (Eastern Cape)
- 31 Malcomess Park, Crn St Georges & Gately Street, Spar Complex5201 – Southernwood
NSFAS eMalahleni Branch (Mpumalanga)
- Shop 3, Pavillion Centre, 19 – 21 Botha Avenue, 1035 — Witbank
NSFAS Johannesburg Branch (Gauteng)
- 17 Diagonal Street, Old JSE Building, Ground Floor, Newtown, 2001 — Johannesburg
NSFAS Kimberley Branch (Northern Cape)
- Old Telkom Building, 64-70 De Toit Span Building, 8300 — Kimberley
NSFAS Mbombela Branch
- Office No 8, Imbizi place, Samora Machele Drive1201 —- Mbombela
NSFAS Newcastle Branch
- 37 Murchison Street, Tower Block, Newcastle, Durban
NSFAS Polokwane Branch (Limpopo)
- 60 Schoeman Street, Shop 10, Crescent Building, 0699 — Polokwane
NSFAS Gqeberha-Port Elizabeth Branch
- Kwantu Towers, Ground Floor, Govan Mbeki Avenue Vuyisile Mini Square, 6001 — Port Elizabeth
NSFAS Rustenburg Branch (North West)
- 39 Heystek Street, Next to SARS0299 — Rustenburg
NSFAS Secunda Branch
- Shop no 2 Game Park Centre, Horwood Street2302 – Secunda
NSFAS Soweto Branch
- 2127 Old Potchefstroom Road, Klipspruit1809 – Soweto
NSFAS Thulamela Branch Thohoyandou
- Thulamela Information Center, Punda Maria Road, 0950 — Thohoyandou
NSFAS Pretoria Tshwane Branch
- 429 Shoburg Building, Stanza Bopape Street, 0001 – Tshwane
NOTE. For more details, applicants can download THE NSFAS ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA AND CONDITIONS FOR FINANCIAL AID HERE.
FOR ANY INFORMATION ON PAYMENT OR RECEIVING OF MONEY PLEASE GO TO THE NSFAS MAIN WEBSITE BY CLICKING HERE OR CALL THEM DIRECTLY ON
Tel No.: 08000 67327
Nsfas Online Application links
For more info visit Nsfas Website