when is nsfas opening 2024-2025
when is nsfas opening 2024-2025
The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) is a program that was developed in accordance with it.
The NSFAS bursary program offers free higher education and training to South African students from working-class and low-income backgrounds.
In order to help low-income and working-class students attend public universities and technical colleges, NSFAS was created.
Easy steps to get your funding:
Take note of the following essential documents that are required to finish the application:
- The student clicks Apply after creating an account or profile and entering the required information. The screen above then appears. If the field applies to the student, they should fill in the father’s information and click Next.
- If this field applies to the student, they should only enter the mother’s information and click Next; if it does not, they can click Next.
- If this field does not apply to the student, they can click Next. Married students with spouses should fill in the necessary information and click Next.
- If this field does not apply to the student, they should fill in the required information and click Next. Otherwise, they should click Next.
- The student must upload the necessary documents once they have completed all the steps and required fields; after that, they can click Next.
- The student should verify that the information and documents uploaded are accurate before submitting.
- Final Action: The student’s application will be submitted successfully once they click “Submit.”
Who qualifies for the Bursary?
If you are a South African citizen who plans to study in 2024 or if you are already enrolled in a public university or TVET college and meet the following requirements, you are eligible for an NSFAS bursary:
- 1 SASSA recipients are automatically eligible based on their financial situation
- 2 Either your household’s total annual income is less than R350 000, or
- 3 Person with a disability whose annual household income does not exceed R600 000 or 4 Must have an email address and mobile phone number
What is required during the Application Process?
In order for NSFAS to process your application, you should check the required supporting documents and make sure you have all the necessary information:
- To finish your NSFAS application, you will need the following information:
A copy of your ID or birth certificate ID copies of your parents, guardians, or spouse (if applicable) Your proof of income or one year’s IRP5 (if applicable) Your parents, guardians, or spouse’s proof of income If you are a SASSA grant recipient, no proof of income will be required. Applicants who have a disability must submit a completed and signed Disability Annexure A Form; click here to download it. Applicants who are recognized as Vulnerable Children by the Department of Social
NOTE. For more details, applicants can download THE NSFAS ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA AND CONDITIONS FOR FINANCIAL AID HERE.
FOR ANY INFORMATION ON PAYMENT OR RECEIVING OF MONEY PLEASE GO TO THE NSFAS MAIN WEBSITE BY CLICKING HERE OR CALL THEM DIRECTLY ON
Tel No.: 08000 67327
Nsfas Online Application links
For more info visit Nsfas Website