Unisa Open applications continuously
Frequently Asked Questions about Undergraduate Qualifications, Honors Degrees, and Postgraduate Diplomas
What exactly do we mean when we say “open applications”?
- This means that Unisa will accept applications all year long.
- However, this does not guarantee that you will be allowed to enrol for the following semester or even academic year.
- It depends on a variety of factors, including whether you meet the entrance standards, whether the qualification is full (over-subscribed), and whether the registration period has begun.
- It is also subject to the 15-week minimum tuition period for semester modules and 30-week minimum tuition period for year modules..
Is there a deadline for submitting applications?
There is no such thing as a deadline.
Specific qualifications, on the other hand, may close applications when they are filled or at least two weeks before the start of the registration period.
When should I submit my application for the following semester?
- You can apply for the next semester at any moment.
- You might be given a spot, but it depends on a variety of factors, including whether you meet the admission requirements, whether the qualification is full, and whether the registration period has started (eg for the 2020 first semester registration period, applications should be allowed only up to 24 December ).
- Unisa will assess applications received during the registration period for the next academic period (semester/year).
How long will it take Unisa to respond to my application or make me an offer once I’ve submitted it?
Unisa will respond with a proposal as soon as feasible.
The deadline for feedback is approaching.
Is there a deadline for accepting or rejecting the offer?
- You have ten days to accept or decline the offer.
- The space will be given to another student if you do not accept or reject the offer.
What is the best way to tell if a qualification is fully subscribed (full)?
- If a qualification is complete, the application system will notify you.
- You must then apply for the qualification for the following semester (if it is offered for the following semester) or for a different qualification.
When do I register after I’ve applied and been accepted?
- In your acceptance letter, Unisa will inform you of the registration dates.
- This registration cycle is commonly followed by Unisa.
For more info on Unisa click here