Unisa Online Registration Guidelines
Unisa online application process
Applications open date
Applications are officially open as of Tuesday 21 August. There is now a five-week window for potential students to register their interest in studying with Unisa, before the deadline closes on 28 September.
How to use Unisa’s online application
You simply visit their homepage and follow the step-by-step instructions. You can use this tool to see what courses are available for 2019, and if there is a programme of study you want to register with, the information guide will let you know what’s required of you and what the application code is.
Qualifications needed to study with Unisa
It varies from course to course – so for example, a law degree could demand a higher standard of educational qualifications – but there are a few common denominators across the board.
Matric certificates are required, plus applicants will be required to have a qualification in the language they were taught – as in, their mother tongue – and also in mathematics. You can find more details about the courses required for your qualification level on the Unisa website.
Documents required for Unisa’s online Registration
For the Unisa Online Application, only upload the required documents as individual files and not a complete set of documents as one file.
- Copy of your school qualifications (eg Senior Certificate)
- Copy of your official tertiary academic record(s) (if applicable) (internet copies will not be accepted)
- Copy of your ID document (RSA students) or ID / passport (international students)
- Copy of your marriage certificate (if applicable) or divorce decree (if applicable)
- Sworn translations of documents if they are not in English or Afrikaans
- Files must not be larger than 2MB (2048KB) each.
- Only black and white documents may be submitted.
- Only the following file types are allowed: PDF (Adobe Acrobat Portable Document Format file), DOC (Word document file) or TIF (image file)
Unisa online application cost
All online applications to Unisa have a standard fee of R105. Even if you choose not to study with Unisa, or fail to qualify, you cannot be refunded once you’ve paid. Card transactions are the only form of payment accepted, and none of the university’s offices accept cash.
When will I know if my Unisa application has been successful?
The closing date for undergraduate, honours and post-graduate course is Friday 28 September. You can track the status of your application via the website.
Courses and qualifications offered by Unisa
There are a lot of options for you to further your studies through Unisa ranging from higher certificates to diplomas. The Unisa website offers a full list, but below are some of the main fields of study offered by the university.
- Accounting Sciences.
- Agriculture & Environmental Sciences.
- Economic & Management Sciences.
- Human Sciences.
- Science, Engineering & Technology.
Below are Unisa useful links