nsfas update 2024-2025
nsfas update 2024-2025
The National Student Financial Aid Scheme is a government-run program that helps undergraduate students in South Africa pay for their higher education after they graduate from high school. It is funded by the Department of Higher Education and Training. The National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act 56 of 1999 established the program. Students who meet the eligibility requirements at South Africa’s public universities as well as Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) Colleges can receive financial assistance from us in the form of loans and bursaries. This year, the NSFAS application process will last for four months, from August 3 to November 30. After the deadline, no applications will be considered.
- Nsfas allowance typically entails a procedure. Nsfas begins crediting the allowance to the successful applicant’s wallet on the Mynsfas account within the first week of each month each year after the funding for students has been approved.
WHAT THE BURSARY COVER
Allowances for accommodation, transport, living allowance, and learning materials differ for Universities and TVET Colleges.
The allowances for University are as follows:
- Accommodations: In accordance with the real charges made by the institution, the cost of private lodging shall not be greater than the cost of on-campus housing.
- Transport (up to 40 km from the institution) R7 500 per annum
- Living allowance R15, of 000 per annum
- Book allowances R5200 per annum
- R2900 annual incidental/personal care payment for students living in catered residences
The allowances for TVET colleges are as follows:
- Accommodation in an urban area is R24,000 per annum
- Accommodation in a peri-urban area is R18,900 per annum
- Accommodation in a rural area is R15,750 per annum
- Transport (up to 40 km from the institution) R7,350 per annum
- Transport R7000 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance R2900 per annum
Who Qualifies For NSFAS Funding?
- All South African citizens
- All recipients of SASSA grants are eligible for funding. Applicants whose annual household income is not more than R350,000. Persons with disabilities: Students who began their education prior to 2018 and have a combined household income of no more than R122 000 per year are eligible.
Required Supporting Documents Needed During The Application Process
You need the following information to complete your NSFAS Bursary Online Application for 2024-2025:
- You are required to have your own email address and phone number.
You must provide a copy of your ID or birth certificate.
You should also give copies of the identification cards of your parents, guardians, or spouse.
One year’s worth of IRP5 or, if applicable, proof of income. Proof of income from your parents, guardians, or spouse is not required for SASSA grant recipients.
A completed and signed Disability Annexure must be submitted by all disabled applicants. A Document A Vulnerable Child Declaration and Consent Form must also be submitted by all applicants who have been identified as vulnerable children by the Department of Social Development. NSFAS Application Status
How to Apply for NSFAS Online Application
- Visit the NSFAS Application website: www.nsfas.org.za
- Then, you click on the ‘myNSFAS’ tab
- Create a myNSFAS account. If you don’t know how to create, click HERE
- Click on the ‘APPLY’ tab
- Update your personal information
- Answer the questions you see on the screen
- Upload all the required supporting documents
- Finally, you click on ‘submit
Who should not apply?
- students who have previously completed a qualification.
Students whose households have an annual income of more than R350,000.
Students who have already applied, been granted funding, and met the requirements. If they pass their modules and meet the academic requirements, they will receive funding throughout their studies.
Students from other countries (anyone who is not a citizen of South Africa).
How to update your contact details on the myNSFAS student portal?
- Login on the myNSFAS student portal
- Enter your username and password, then click SIGN IN!
- Click on My Personal Details.
- Remove the incorrect information then update your contact details.
- Click on Update Your Details,to save all the changes you have made.
Your contact information will be updated after you complete these five steps.
NOTE. For more details, applicants can download THE NSFAS ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA AND CONDITIONS FOR FINANCIAL AID HERE.
FOR ANY INFORMATION ON PAYMENT OR RECEIVING OF MONEY PLEASE GO TO THE NSFAS MAIN WEBSITE BY CLICKING HERE OR CALL THEM DIRECTLY ON
Tel No.: 08000 67327
Nsfas Online Application links
For more info visit Nsfas Website