nsfas registration 2024-2025
nsfas registration 2024-2025
The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) was developed in accordance with the National Student Financial Aid Scheme.
NSFAS is a bursary program that offers low-income and working-class South African students free higher education and training.
The goal of NSFAS is to support low-income and working-class students who want to enroll in public universities and technical colleges financially.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ELIGIBILITY
Candidates must ensure that they meet the following minimum entry requirements prior to applying:
- citizen of South Africa
- To get a SASSA grant, please fill out the form below.
If you do not match the following criteria, you should not apply:
- International student (NOT a South African citizen)
- The annual household income exceeds R350 000.
- Have you previously completed a tertiary qualification?
- Already received funding and submitted a request
VALUE OF COVERAGE
The DHET Bursary will cover the following study-related costs. The fee for registration is:
- Fees for instruction
- Book allowances that are subsidized
- Learning materials that have been prescribed (up to a certain amount, as set by NSFAS)
- Subsidized lodging is available (up to a certain amount, as set by NSFAS)
- Meal allowances that are subsidized
WHERE DO I APPLY?
You can submit an application in one of three ways:
- If you want more information, visit the NSFAS website. If you want to apply online, follow the steps below.
Create a myNSFAS account by going here:
When you create an account at https://my.nsfas.org.za/mynsfas/selfservice.html, you will be required to provide the following information:
The email address, phone number, ID number, and username are all mandatory fields.
You can then log in using the username and password you chose.
- Go to an NYDA Center in your area.
- Fill out an application form at an NYDA center or office near you.
- A worker at the NYDA center will walk you through the application process and give you a form to fill out.
- Fill out the application form in capital letters with a black pen and sign it in the designated spots.
- Complete the application form and attach any necessary supporting documents (listed below).
- Make sure your supporting documents are not older than three months and are signed on the front.
- You will receive a receipt card with a bar code via mail.
- At a Financial Aid Office/Computer Lab on Campus
DOCUMENTATION TO BACK UP YOUR OPINION
Send clear copies of the following supporting documents (the submission of these documents is required; Your application will be rejected if any are missing):
- If you have one, an unabridged birth certificate and an ID card (certified copy and electronic copy).
NOTE. For more details, applicants can download THE NSFAS ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA AND CONDITIONS FOR FINANCIAL AID HERE.
FOR ANY INFORMATION ON PAYMENT OR RECEIVING OF MONEY PLEASE GO TO THE NSFAS MAIN WEBSITE BY CLICKING HERE OR CALL THEM DIRECTLY ON
Tel No.: 08000 67327