nsfas funding 2024-2025
nsfas funding 2024-2025
NSFAS covers the costs of studying for certain qualifications at any public university or college in South Africa for students who want to further their education. For deserving students, this helps to alleviate the burden of student debt. In order to receive funds to help with their tuition and other expenses, eligible students must use the online application form portal to complete the NSFAS online application. The NSFAS funding application for the 2024–2025 academic year will open on November 2 and close on January 21, 2024, so prospective applicants should keep this in mind. In this article, learn more about the funding for the NSFAS.
Online Application Deadline for Nsfas Funds in 2024
- The application process for Nsfas funds in 2024 will open to all applicants on November 7, and close on January 21, 2024. As a result, applicants are urged to submit their applications by the deadline.
Who Qualifies for NSFAS Funding in 2024 and 2025?
You are eligible to apply for the 2024 Nsfas application if you fall into any of the following categories:
- Anyone who is a citizen of South Africa and has received a SASSA grant is eligible for funding. Applicants must have a combined household income of no more than R350,000. Students whose annual combined household income is no more than R600,000 Students whose annual combined household income is no more than R122,000.
Read: Who Cannot Apply For The Funds Under Nsfas 2024?
- The following individuals cannot apply for the funds:
- students who have previously completed a qualification.
- Students whose households have an annual income of more than R350,000.
- Students who have already applied, have been granted funding and met the requirements. If they pass their modules and meet the academic requirements, they will receive funding throughout their studies.
- Students from other countries (anyone who is not a citizen of South Africa).
The Following Items Can Be Paid for With Nsfas Funding for University Students:
Transportation (up to 40 kilometers from the institution): R7,500 per year; living allowance: R15,000 per year; book allowance: R5,200 per year; incidental/personal care allowance: R2,900 per year for students in catered residences:
- Accommodation in a city costs R24,000 per year; in a peri-urban area, R18,900 per year; in a rural area, R15,750 per year; transportation costs R7,350 per year; transportation costs R7000 per year; and an allowance for incidental or personal care costs R2900 per year.
To be considered, each candidate must submit the following supporting documents: therefore, before you submit your application, ensure that you have them available. Without these items, applications will not be considered:
Document of identification from South Africa, which could be any of the following:
- a copy of the green ID document; a temporary ID issued by the DHA; both sides of the Smart ID card; an unabridged birth certificate. IDs for parents, guardians, or spouses (copies only) Own proof of income for parents, guardians, or spouses if not a SASSA applicant (can include any of the following)
if employed, the most recent pay stub, no older than three months; if not applying for SASSA, a resignation letter; and students with disabilities: complete and sign the Disability Annexure A Form for students who the Department of Social Development has identified as Vulnerable Children: Complete and sign the Vulnerable Child Declaration Form. Nsfas Funding 2024 Application Procedure To apply online for the Nsfas, follow the steps below:
Go to the website for NSFAS Application 2024: www.nsfas.org.za/apply-2024.
- You then select the “myNSFAS” tab.
- Make an account at myNSFAS.
- Select the “APPLY” tab.
- Make changes to your personal data.
- Give your responses to the screen’s questions.
- Send in all of the necessary supporting documents.
- Finally, select “Submit.”
NOTE. For more details, applicants can download THE NSFAS ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA AND CONDITIONS FOR FINANCIAL AID HERE.
FOR ANY INFORMATION ON PAYMENT OR RECEIVING OF MONEY PLEASE GO TO THE NSFAS MAIN WEBSITE BY CLICKING HERE OR CALL THEM DIRECTLY ON
Tel No.: 08000 67327