nsfas documents 2023-2024
nsfas documents 2023-2024
SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION FOR NSFAS
Please submit clear copies of the following supporting documents (these documents must be submitted; if any are missing, your application will be rejected):
- ID document/ ID card (certified copy and electronic copy)
- Unabridged birth certificate (if you do not have an ID document or ID card) (certified copy and electronic copy)
- Parents/ guardians ID documents (certified copy and electronic copy)
- Parents/ guardians death certificate (if applicable) (certified copy and electronic copy)
- Payslips/ employment letters/ pension advice (not older than 3 months) (do not submit SASSA slips. SASSA should be excluded from household income) (certified copy and electronic copy)
- Contact information (phone number/email address where NSFAS can interact with you during the application process and provide feedback on your application’s outcome)
- NSFAS Consent Form pdf– completed and signed by parents/ guardians
- If disabled, complete and include the NSFAS Disability Annexure A (.pdf)
- If orphaned, complete and include the NSFAS Declaration Form (.pdf) – to be signed by an Isibindi Child Youth Care Worker/ a social worker from the Department of Social Development and submitted to an Isibindi Centre/ NYDA office
HOW TO APPLY
You can apply in one of these three ways:
METHOD 1: Use the NSFAS website to find out more information (if you wish to apply online, follow the instructions below)
- Go to https://my.nsfas.org.za/mynsfas/selfservice.html to create your myNSFAS account.
- When creating an account, you will be asked to submit the following information:
Username, password, ID number, phone number, and email address are all required fields.
- After that, you can log in with your chosen username and password.
- Click the “apply” button to complete the application form.
- After you’ve completed all of the relevant fields (don’t leave any blanks), you can upload electronic copies of your supporting documents (as listed below).
Once you’ve completed all of your paperwork,
METHOD 2: Visit a NYDA Center near you.
- Go to a NYDA center/office near you and fill out an application form. 2) A NYDA center worker will explain the application process and provide you an application form to fill out.
- Use a black pen to fill out the application form in CAPITAL letters and sign it in the designated areas.
- Submit your application form along with any supporting documentation (as listed below).
Ensure that your supporting documents are signed on the front and are no more than three months old.
- A receipt card with a bar code will be mailed to you.
METHOD 3: At a Financial Aid Office/Computer Lab on Campus
nsfas documents 2023-2024.
For more info visit Nsfas Website