nsfas documents 2024-2025
nsfas documents 2024-2025
The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) administrative team as well as the students themselves place a high priority on the supporting documents that applicants provide. This material is accessible to all applicants.
The following supporting documents must be submitted; if any are missing, your application will not be taken into consideration. Please send clear copies of all of them:
- Payslips, letters of employment, and pension guidance (not older than three months) (Don’t send SASSA slips in) birth certificate in full (certified copy and electronic copy if you do not have an ID document or ID card) birth certificate in full (certified copy and electronic copy if you do not have an ID document or ID card) birth certificate in full (certified copy and electronic copy if you do not have an ID document or ID card) Contact details (cell phone number or email address where NSFAS can communicate with you throughout the application process and provide feedback on the outcome of your application) Parental or guardian completion and signature on NSFAS Consent Form in PDF If you are disabled, please fill out and attach the NSFAS Disability Annexure A (.pdf). If you are an orphan, please fill out and attach the NSFAS Declaration Form (.pdf), which needs to be signed by an Isibindi Child and Youth Care Worker or a Department social worker.
HOW TO APPLY
You can apply in one of three ways:
- If you want to apply online, follow the steps below on the NSFAS website: 1) Create your myNSFAS account here: When registering for an account, you will be required to provide the following information: https://my.nsfas.org.za/mynsfas/selfservice.html username, password, ID number, phone number, and email address. 2) You can then log in with the username and password you chose. 3) Fill out the application by clicking the “apply” button. 4) After you have filled out all of the required information (don’t leave any fields blank), you can upload electronic copies of your supporting documents (as listed below). To receive your reference number, click the “submit” button after uploading all of your documents.
METHOD 2: At your closest NYDA Centre
- 1) Go to the NYDA center or office that is closest to you.
- 2) A staff member at the NYDA facility will hand you a form to complete and walk you through the application process. 3) Fill out the form entirely in capital characters in black ink, and then sign it where necessary. 4) Submit your application and any necessary paperwork (as listed below). Ensure that all of your supporting documents are certified on the front page and are no older than three months.
- 5) A receipt card with a bar code will be sent to you.
METHOD 3: At a Financial Aid Office on campus/ computer lab
NOTE. For more details, applicants can download THE NSFAS ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA AND CONDITIONS FOR FINANCIAL AID HERE.
FOR ANY INFORMATION ON PAYMENT OR RECEIVING OF MONEY PLEASE GO TO THE NSFAS MAIN WEBSITE BY CLICKING HERE OR CALL THEM DIRECTLY ON
Tel No.: 08000 67327