nsfas closing dates 2024-2025
nsfas closing dates 2024-2025
Are you having issues paying for your education at a South African college or university? If this is the case, you might be able to get financial aid through the National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS), which is currently accepting applications from all students. The NSFAS 2024-2025 application period will begin in November 2023 and end on January 7, 2024. All applicants are reminded to submit their applications by the deadline.
The National Student Financial Aid Scheme is a government program in South Africa that helps undergraduate students pay for their higher education after they graduate from high school.
Nsfas Application For 2024 Closing Date
- The NSFAS 2024–2025 online application period opens on November 2023 and ends on January 7th, 2024. Consequently, candidates are urged to submit their applications before the cutoff date.
Who Qualifies For Nsfas Online Application For 2024
You are eligible to apply for the nsfas application in 2024 if you fall into this category:
- All South African citizens
- All SASSA grant recipients qualify for funding
- Persons with disabilities: Applicants whose annual household income is not more than R350,000. Students whose annual combined household income is no more than R600,000 Students whose annual combined household income is no more than R122,000.
What Does Nsfas Application Cover For 2024
- In 2024, the Nsfas funds can be used to pay for the following items:
- based on the actual costs incurred by the university (private housing costs must not exceed university housing costs).
- Transport (up to 40 km from the institution) R7 500 per annum
- Living allowance R15, of 000 per annum
- Book allowances R5200 per annum
- Students living in catered residences receive an annual incidental or personal care allowance of R2900.
- Accommodation in an urban area is R24,000 per annum
- Accommodation in a peri-urban area is R18,900 per annum
- Accommodation in a rural area is R15,750 per annum
- Transport (up to 40 km from the institution) R7,350 per annum
- Transport R7000 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance R2900 per annum
Nsfas Online Application Requirements For 2024
To be considered for the bursaries, each candidate must submit the following supporting documents; therefore, before submitting your application, ensure that you have them available. Without these documents, applications will not be considered:
- South African ID document (this can include any of the following):
- copy of green ID document
- temporary ID from the DHA
- copy of both sides of the Smart ID card
- unbridged birth certificate
- Non-SASSA grant applicants: Parents, guardians, or spouse ID documents (copies only)
- Own, parents, guardians, or spouse proof of income, if a non-SASSA applicant (this can include any of the following):
- latest payslip if employed (not older than 3 months)
- UIF letter
- employment letter
- retrenchment letter, if a non-SASSA applicant
- Students with disabilities: complete and sign the Disability Annexure A Form
- Students who are recognized as Vulnerable Children by the Department of Social Development: complete and sign the Vulnerable Child
- Declaration Form
Nsfas Online Application Process For 2024
To submit an online application for the Nsfas bursaries for 2024 and 2025, follow the steps below:
- Visit NSFAS Application 2024 website: www.nsfas.org.za
- Then, you click on the ‘myNSFAS’ tab.
- Create a myNSFAS account.
- Click on the ‘APPLY’ tab.
- Update your personal information.
- Answer the questions you see on the screen.
- Upload all the required supporting documents.
- Finally, click on submit
NOTE. For more details, applicants can download THE NSFAS ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA AND CONDITIONS FOR FINANCIAL AID HERE.
FOR ANY INFORMATION ON PAYMENT OR RECEIVING OF MONEY PLEASE GO TO THE NSFAS MAIN WEBSITE BY CLICKING HERE OR CALL THEM DIRECTLY ON
Tel No.: 08000 67327