nsfas bursary 2024-2025
nsfas bursary 2024-2025
Are you currently enrolled in or planning to enroll in a public college or TVET college and come from a family with a household income of less than R350 000? After that, STOP and read this:
The government spends a lot of money on higher education and training every year to make sure everyone has equal access to it and to create a diverse and skilled workforce.
You are eligible to receive a bursary from the government through the National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS).
What is NSFAS?
- The NSFAS Act (Act 56 of 1999) established the Department of Higher Education and Training as the government entity responsible for providing financial assistance to economically disadvantaged students who wish to continue their education at public universities or TVET colleges.
What does the bursary cover?
The indicated amounts for housing, living expenses, transportation, and instructional materials must be in line with the most recent DHET guidelines that have been approved.
based on the actual costs incurred by the university (private housing costs must not exceed university housing costs).
- Transport (up to 40 km from the institution) R7 500 per annum
- Living allowance R15, 000 per annum
- Book allowances R5200 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance of R2900 per annum for students in catered residences
- Accommodation in an urban area is R24,000 per annum
- Accommodation in a peri-urban area is R18,900 per annum
- Accommodation in a rural area is R15,750 per annum
- Transport (up to 40 km from the institution) R7,350 per annum
- Transport R7000 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance R2900 per annum
Who is eligible for funding from NSFAS?
- All citizens of South Africa are eligible for funding, as are all recipients of SASSA grants. Applicants whose annual combined household income is no more than R350,000.
- Persons with disabilities: Students whose annual combined household income is no more than R600,000 Students whose annual combined household income is no more than R122,000.
NOTE. For more details, applicants can download THE NSFAS ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA AND CONDITIONS FOR FINANCIAL AID HERE.
FOR ANY INFORMATION ON PAYMENT OR RECEIVING OF MONEY PLEASE GO TO THE NSFAS MAIN WEBSITE BY CLICKING HERE OR CALL THEM DIRECTLY ON
Tel No.: 08000 67327