nsfas allowance 2024-2025
nsfas allowance 2024-2025
Do you want to know how much the Nsfas allowance is for students? Also, do you want to know how to apply for the Nsfas allowance, or have you been accepted and want to know how much money you will receive each month? Please read this article to learn more about the Nsfas allowance.
Requirements To Apply For The NSFAS Allowance
- You must have a copy of your ID or birth certificate, as well as copies of your parents, guardians, or spouse’s ID. You must also have proof of your income or, if necessary, one year’s IRP5. You must also provide proof of your parents’ or guardians’ income.
You are not required to provide any evidence of income if you are the recipient of a SASSA grant.
A completed and signed Disability Annexure A Form must be submitted by all applicants who have a disability. Additionally, applicants who are considered vulnerable children by the Department of Social Development must submit a Vulnerable Child Declaration and Consent Form.
How to Apply for NSFAS Allowance
- Visit the NSFAS Application website: www.nsfas.org.za
- Then, you click on the ‘myNSFAS’ tab
- Create a myNSFAS account. If you don’t know how to create, click HERE
- Click on the ‘APPLY’ tab
- Update your personal information
- Answer the questions you see on the screen
- Upload all the required supporting documents
- Finally, you click on ‘submit
What You Will Need To Receive
- Your NSFAS Allowance
- You will require a working SIM card and a cell phone.
You will be required to sign your NSFAS Bursary Agreement if you are a new student at NSFAS.
To verify and authenticate your account after receiving your NSFAS Bursary, dial *134*176# and enter your ID number.
You will receive an SMS with your password for your account. By dialing *134*176#, you will be able to access your account.
Any of the participating stores—Shoprite, Usave, Checkers, SPAR, Choppies, or Boxer—allow cash withdrawals.
Nsfas Money Per Month 2023-2024
|NSFAS Allowance Students||Payable Amount (Monthly)||Payable Amount (Per Annum)|
|Incidental/Personal Care Allowance||R242||R2900|
|Accommodation in Rural Areas||R1,312||R15,750|
|Accommodation in Peri-Urban Area||R1,575||R18,900|
|Accommodation in Urban Area||R2000||R24,000|
|Transport (up to 40km from the institution)||R613||R7,350|
How To Take Out/Withdrawn Nsfas Money
The first step is to create a cash voucher:
- Dial *134*176#
- Enter your NSFAS wallet password
- Select option 1. Cash Voucher
- Enter amount
- After that, you’ll get your voucher.
The second step would be to go and withdraw it:
- Visit a retailer who has collaborated with NSFAS and Celbux.
They would next specify how much they wanted to withdraw via their NSFAS Wallet.
Following that, a voucher will be created.
Show the merchant the voucher number.
In exchange for the voucher, you will be given cash.
NOTE. For more details, applicants can download THE NSFAS ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA AND CONDITIONS FOR FINANCIAL AID HERE.
FOR ANY INFORMATION ON PAYMENT OR RECEIVING OF MONEY PLEASE GO TO THE NSFAS MAIN WEBSITE BY CLICKING HERE OR CALL THEM DIRECTLY ON
Tel No.: 08000 67327