Unisa’s application process
Applying for admission to a master’s or doctoral degree comprises three steps:
- Apply for a student number (if applicable)
- Apply for admission
- Upload the compulsory supporting documents.
Unisa will accept applications based on the following criteria: (1) The suitability and viability of the intended research; (2) adequate supervisory capacity and research expertise in the discipline or department; and (3) an approved selection procedure which is in line with Unisa’s Policy on Equality and Diversity.
Unisa does not accept cash at any of its offices. You may, however, deposit cash into the university’s Standard Bank account.
Applications for admission to Unisa have been extended. Apply now!
Check your documents & confirm that you are ready to apply
I am sure that…
- I have a valid Unisa student number for a formal qualification.
- I have chosen the correct Unisa qualification.
Please note: If you intend applying for admission to a qualification offered by the College of Science, Engineering and Technology, please contact the college before submitting your application, as you require a letter of permission from the college / department to be uploaded as part of your application.
- I have prepared a research outline in line with the departmental focus / niche area requirements (applicable to all qualifications, except for coursework the LLM qualification). A research outline describes your intended research and comprises a two to five page expression of interest essay describing the following:
- Short literature review
- Potential contribution of the study
- Potential unit of analysis
- Research context (include the method you plan on using)
- Personal motivation to pursue studies on this topic
- List of references (using the Harvard referencing method, the “APA” referencing method or any other referencing methods indicated by the department)
- CV and any additional documents as indicated in the admission requirements for the specific qualification under the departmental focus area requirements
- I meet the statutory and college admission requirements for my qualification of choice.
- I have a valid e-mail address and I accept that Unisa will communicate with me during the application process using this e-mail address.
* If you previously studied through Unisa, please use your myLife e-mail address during the application process, as all communication will be sent to your myLife e-mail address.
I have the following documents scanned & uploaded to an electronic device
You must upload all the necessary supporting documents as part of the online application process. E-mailed documents will not be accepted. You will have 10 working days from when you apply to upload your supporting documents. The 10 days do not apply after the closing date for applications.
If you do not upload the necessary supporting documents within 10 working days of submitting your application for admission, your application will be declined. You will then need to re-apply for admission and upload the necessary supporting documents before the closing date for applications should you wish to be considered for admission to the 2020 academic year.
- Copies of all official academic records, including all papers / modules passed, percentages obtained and the ledger. You do not need to submit Unisa academic records.
- A copy of your ID or passport.
- A research outline, CV and any additional documents as indicated in the admission requirements for the specific qualification under the departmental focus area requirements.
- If you intend applying for admission to a qualification offered by the College of Science, Engineering and Technology, please contact the college before submitting your application, as you require a letter of permission from the college / department to be uploaded as part of your application.
- Departmental forms for the College of Agriculture and Environmental Sciences (available under the college’s research focus areas)
- RPL approval letter if you applied for admission via RPL.
I am sure that my documents are scanned according to the rules
- Each document must be uploaded as a separate file.
- Maximum number of files allowed: 5.
- Files are not larger than 2MB (2048KB) each.
- Only black and white documents may be submitted.
- Only the following file types are allowed: PDF (Adobe Acrobat Portable Document Format file), DOC (Word document file) or TIF (image file).
For more info visit the school website
Below are Unisa useful links
Unisa Online Application 2020-2021
unisa registration 2020
unisa online registration
apply at unisa
unisa online registration 2020
unisa web registration
unisa prospectus 2020
unisa registration fees
apply online at unisa
my unisa login
myunisa my admin
myunisa login my admin login
mylife unisa login
myunisa login my admin assignments
unisa log in
my unisa admin
myunisa admin login
myunisa student portal
myunisa my admin login
unisa application status
unisa online application
unisa application 2020
unisa online application 2020
how to Defer Unisa Exam
how to Change Unisa Exam Venue
how to Pass Unisa Exams
how to Setup Unisa Email
how to Enrol Unisa
unisa how to Apply for Exemption
how to Check Unisa Student Number
Unisa How to Change Qualification
unisa How Many Modules Per Semester
how Unisa Credits Work
where are the Unisa Assignment Boxes
where is Unisa Regional Office
where to pay unisa Study fees
where to Pay Unisa Application fee
where is Unisa Library
where To Get Unisa Student Card
Where are Unisa Graduations held
Where to Email Unisa Proof of Payment
Where to Download Unisa Study Material
List of all unisa pages
My unisa Academic Record
unisa Application Fee
Create a Myunisa account
My unisa Books
My unisa Blog
unisa Banking Details
unisa Business Management
My unisa Contact
My unisa Change Password
My unisa Email Account Logi