Frequently Asked Questions About TVET colleges
- What is a Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET) college?
It’s a college for Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET).
11 TVET colleges have signed an agreement with Unisa to offer lectures in its higher certificate qualifications.
What can I get from this?
- Unisa has relationships with TVET colleges that offer classes and support based on Unisa’s study materials.
Students who take this path have had a lot of success in school.
Will I have to pay an additional fee?
- Colleges do, in fact, charge extra for tuition and support.
However, the government subsidizes this cost in order to make it more cheap.
- The price varies depending on the college.
Get a quote for the tuition assistance offered by the college where you want to study by contacting them.
Is it still possible for me to apply and register with Unisa?
- Yes, you must submit your application to Unisa within the regular application time.
- You must register with Unisa within the registration period once you have been accepted.
- At the same time, you must enroll in a TVET college of your choice for tuition.
- Always check to see if the college of your choosing provides help for the higher credential you’re applying for.
- What can I accomplish with a higher-level certificate?
A higher certificate is a recognized credential that may lead to a diploma or bachelor’s degree program.
TVET College FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions
Who is eligible to apply for the Unisa Online Application
- Anyone interested in beginning a new qualification must apply for admission.
This includes first-time Unisa applicants as well as current Unisa students who are switching to a new certification.
- Anyone who has completed a Higher Certificate or an Alternative Pathway / Extended Program must apply for admission to the next level of education.
If you previously applied for admission and received feedback but did not register for any reason, you must reapply.
- Under the Unisa-TVET agreement, anyone wanting to enroll in classes at a Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET) college must apply for the purpose of admission.
- Please note: If you previously applied for admission and were offered a spot, but did not accept the offer and/or did not register for whatever reason, you must reapply.