apply for nsfas 2024-2025
apply for nsfas 2024-2025
The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) online application is expected to open on November 2 and close on January 21, 2024. Since applications received after the deadline will not be considered, applicants should exercise caution. So, if you’re a student who meets the NSFAS requirements and wants to apply for the 2024–2025 school year, read this article to learn how to apply online for the NSFAS.
SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS REQUIRED DURING THE APPLICATION PROCESS
- Provide your own cellphone number and email address. You must have a copy of your ID or birth certificate, as well as copies of your parents, guardians, or spouse’s National ID. You must also have proof of your income, or, if necessary, one year’s IRP5.
You are not required to provide any evidence of income if you are the recipient of a SASSA grant.
A completed and signed Disability Annexure A form must be submitted by all applicants with disabilities. A Vulnerable Child Declaration and Consent Form must also be submitted by applicants designated as such by the Department of Social Development.
How to Submit an NSFAS Online Application
On your computer, iPad, or smartphone, you can complete the NSFAS Online Application for 2024. Before applying online, make sure you have all of your supporting papers and are qualified to apply. If you meet the NSFAS Application Criteria for 2023, continue with the online application process. To get started, follow the steps below:
- Visit the NSFAS Application website: www.nsfas.org.za
- Then, you click on the ‘myNSFAS’ tab
- Create a myNSFAS account. If you don’t know how to create, click HERE
- Click on the ‘APPLY’ tab
- Update your personal information
- Answer the questions you see on the screen
- Upload all the required supporting documents
- Finally, you click on ‘submit
Who is eligible for funding from NSFAS?
- Anyone who is a citizen of South Africa and has received a SASSA grant is eligible for funding. Applicants must have a combined household income of no more than R350,000. Students who began their education prior to 2018 and have a combined household income of no more than R122 000 per year are eligible.
NOTE. For more details, applicants can download THE NSFAS ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA AND CONDITIONS FOR FINANCIAL AID HERE.
FOR ANY INFORMATION ON PAYMENT OR RECEIVING OF MONEY PLEASE GO TO THE NSFAS MAIN WEBSITE BY CLICKING HERE OR CALL THEM DIRECTLY ON
Tel No.: 08000 67327
Nsfas Online Application links
For more info visit Nsfas Website